Skip to main content
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water and gum) after midnight of the day before surgery.
- Cut back or stop smoking for 24 hours prior to surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, drive the patient home, and stay with them for 5 hours.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the general anesthesia or while taking a narcotic pain medication.
- If the patient is under age 18, a legal guardian must accompany them on the day of surgery.
- Please wear a short sleeved shirt or loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled or supportive shoes (no sandals or flip-flops).
- Jewelry and contact lenses should not be worn (bring glasses), dentures must be removed before surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office prior to surgery.